Friday, May 06, 2005

Not self pity, just thinking(does this title make sense)

I just got back from shopping. I got some really cute socks. They are yellow and have a lot of different colors striped through it. I also got a poster with all the names of Christ that are found in the bible on it. It looks really cool because it is on a paper that looks like a scroll. It will look nice in my room.

I've been thinking about this for some time and I think I found a good way to explain it. In Matthew 5:16 it says "let your light so shine before men that they may see they good works and glorify thy father which is in heaven." I want my light to shine; to be a beacon so if someone looks at my life they will see the influence God has in my life and want it in theirs. But sometimes I wonder if I am blocking myself from this opportunity. Everybody wants to be in a position to show people the light that Christ has. And sometimes I feel that if I just put a little more effort I can make a bigger difference in my life and others. And this is what the difference is. I think I have a problem in being critical. This problem doesn't come from wanting to change people rather it comes an insecurity I have. When I first moved here I was kind of deluded. I kind of saw them as idols. I was afraid to say hi to them. Now I see them as people who can be friends and people to enjoy. Likewise when I had my first blog I was afraid to be myself on my it, I was even afraid to comment for fear that my comments wouldn't be good enough. Now that I am getting over this fear I want to make amends so to speak. But now though most of the people have forgiven, forgotten, and have become my friends. But some of the people won't forgive me. They have even humiliated me publicly. And even though that hurts what hurts more is the fact that by doing this I have ruined the chance to show them that Christ is the greatest. That he'll save them, always be there for them. And so I wonder if I had said something nice instead of mean might have helped them to Christ and salvation? That thought hurts. So now I have decided that I will make a conscious effort to do better.
By the way it was my birthday yesterday and my sister zaya gave me the DVD Phantom of the Opera!! She is so awesome. Well we are going to watch What’s up Doc with Babra Streisand. I love her movies and that one in particular. Well must go.

6 Comments:

Blogger kathleen said...

haha those socks sound awesome! I love striped stuff. I need to get some socks. Actually I don't need to and I'm perfectly content with the amount of socks I have. *deletes previous thought out of her mind*.

Hmm, yeah what you said about being critical. We are all criticial. And I find that me myself is always struggling with the fact is when to pursue certain friendship and not others. Like, in the beginning of high school I pursued certain ones and now I find myself wishing I had pursued ohter ones so I know how ya feel there. I think with the being critical fact though, that you need to love them, but that doesn't mean you ahve to agree with them yno? like, you need to have a Christianly love towards them but you don't have to conform.

That stinks that some people won't forgive you. I know how that feels... I'm experiencing that at school right now.

I shall pray for ya and I totally understand where you're coming from!

9:23 AM  
Blogger kathleen said...

Oh and by the way, no posts and no comments aren't "good enough". Post lots, that's what I'm doing (when I have the time). Cause when you post then you get better. And commenting, well I don't think comments can't be good because a comment is a comment and it makes people feel loved :). Unless it's not a nice comment :P.

9:24 AM  
Blogger Polka Dotted Pickles said...

I agree that those socks sound coolio! And I've seen that poster before. It's neat.

I really identify with everything you are talking about. I have realized in this last weekend (I went to a conference.) that I am really wanting to "let my light shine". It's just so hard, because I am not outgoing person, so it's hard enough for me to just be a friend. But I've decided I'll just let God lead me and put opportunities in my path. That way he can lead me into whatever he wants me to do. If he wants me to witness, he'll bring someone. If he wants me to encourage, he'll bring someone, etc.

I'll pray for you!

12:39 PM  
Blogger Anya said...

Woops I spelled sense wrong. Oh well.

2:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice site! indiana health insurance http://www.hondacivichx.info valium pill diet pill Jeep + da2fh22v2re moving companies aaaacalifornia samsonite convertible shoulder bag pregnancy high blood pressure weight loss pills for low blood sugar http://www.buy-celebrex-online-5.info/Get-butalbital-online.html Arizona industrial designer jobs website Travel insurance offers compatabile printer cartridges for dell 944 Pine mountain lake webcam Undelete files on zip drive Em pick poker software kids weight loss pills natural weight loss pill Used mercedes c280 reviews running seperate domains and dc on same switch Spa laser hair removal austin tx

8:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoyed a lot! »

5:10 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home