Monday, October 23, 2006

Warning:weird post ahead, proceed at your own risk

Hello Everybody,
I finally decided that I missed blogging enough to do it, even though it means I will get behind on my homework again. Oh well, you can't win them all. Lately I've been thinking about priorities. I realized that I was letting the really important things slide by in order to finish the things with a deadline. A couple of weeks ago, my brother (age 5) came up to me and asked if I would play cars with him. Now my brother is kind of a loner so I was suprised by his offer, but I had a paper due the next day so I declined his offer. Over the next week he came to me several times to ask if I would play with him. Finally it got through to me that spending time with my little brother, who was not always going to come to me, was way more important than getting my paper in on time. Same with praying, reading my scriptures, helping mom around the house. I realized that I was trying to do so much that I was doing nothing well, plus I was forgetting all the things that mattered to me, Anya, as a person and as a child of God.
Anyway, I know that I have to give up something but I don't know what yet. Right know I'm going through a really big self evaluating period. Oh well, at least I know what is wrong with my life, now I need God's help to fix it. Don't get me wrong, I am way happy with what I am doing, I am just pushing myself to far, but I have begun changing.
You know the great things about blogs? It's like a journal, only sometimes it gives you encouragement and prays for you.
Sorry my post was so out there, but I've had ideas floatin in my head for weeks and it does me good to spill.
Btw, I have to write a paper on a wise, real person that has a book written about them, but I haven't come up with anyone yet, so if you have any ideas, I'd love to hear them.
Thanks for bearing with me,
Anya

7 Comments:

Blogger Trufflehunter said...

um, C.S. Lewis? Robert Muller? there's lotsa books written about those guys. anyway, your post wasn't out there at all, it was very real and down-to-earth, because EVERYONE struggles with those things--it's not unusual. :) and it's so important to talk about them, that's one of the things that gives strength and unity to the body of Christ. hope you and God have some really good talks and you find out what He wants you to do. :)

4:17 PM  
Blogger Aslan said...

Hey, Anya! :)

Yeah, I know it's so hard to balance everything in my life too. When I'm in a tight spot, posting to my blog once a month, and writing short posts, or copy-and-pasting text into my post really helps me blog without taking hardly any time away from my other responsibilities. Maybe this will make it easier for you too. I hope this helps.

God can give you the wisdom to know when to work on what. You may not have to give up anything. Like He might lead you to take a study break and play with your brother for twenty minutes then get back on to your homework, etc. That kind of thing. So you can do fun things and put some time into your relationships while you're taking a break from working. And the Sabbath is a great day, because God forbids us to work for a whole day! :D A day of rest and worship and more time for family (and recreation).

Yup, I also tend to forget about myself and my needs, lol.

How about Benjamin Franklin?

I'll pray that God shows you how to manage everything and rest/recreate too. Please pray for me too concerning this. ;) Have a great week!

6:48 PM  
Blogger Polka Dotted Pickles said...

Wow! You're back. :) That wasn't a weird post. It was good!

9:57 AM  
Blogger Carmelita Spats said...

anya isn't herself when she is righting, she is really mean and cruel. DAGHHA HAHAHAHA GHAHHAH?IFha/dhgfkiohregofdtg jwphifopwepifg, ugh oh this means no more suger for thousands and tons of deplorable weeks . Ya'll se im hyper! (at least it will be fun for tonight)

5:38 PM  
Blogger Aslan said...

Hey, Anya! :)

Please give us an update when you get a chance! Tell us how you're doin'.

I hope you are doing well! May God bless you! ^_^

7:56 PM  
Blogger Polka Dotted Pickles said...

That is a great realization! :) I'm glad for you. Oh, yes, C.S. Lewis. I echo Trufflehunter. ;)

7:10 AM  
Blogger Polka Dotted Pickles said...

For some reason I can't post a comment on your previous post...Ah well. How far along are you in college? Stay strong and your family will always be family no matter how far apart you are! :)

10:34 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home